Published on July 20th, 2017 | by Mickeys_admin0
D23 Expo 2017 News from the Parks & Resorts Presentation
So no doubt you have heard by now that there were lots (and we mean LOTS) of major announcements on Saturday at the D23 Expo Parks & Resorts Presentation! Walt Disney World is going to be getting a lot of updates before the big 5 0 in 2021!!! Well here we give you the lowdown on what was announced!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Toy Story Land set to open Summer 2018! Everything is currently on target and looking good to go for next Summer!
- The Great Movie Ride set to close 13th August 2017 to make way for an all new 2½D experience (3D but without the glasses!!) based on the mouse who started it all! This will be the first ride ever based on the main mouse himself and will be Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway!
- Star Wars Land set to be called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. This is on track for 2019 and is set to open at Disneyland California followed shortly after by Walt Disney World!
Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- Magic Kingdom is set to see the addition of an attraction base don TRON in Tomorrowland. It will be located in a new area behind Space Mountain, seeming to put to bed the rumours of the Tomorrowland Speedway being closed. The ride will be similar to the extremely popular attraction at Shanghai Disney.
- A brand new theatre is also coming to Main Street U.S.A! Not a lot was announced about the theatre and no news yet as to what entertainment this theatre will house!
- There will be a new ride in the France section of the World Showcase located just past the Eiffel Tower, based on Ratatouille. The ride will be similar to the attraction which is currently at Disneyland Paris.
- A whole new movie is being filmed for the China Pavilion, still using Circle Vision 360 but using updated technology for a seamless experience.
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure is set to close on 13th August 2017 to make way for a new e-ticket attraction based on Guardian’s of the Galaxy!
- Mission:SPACE set to reopen next month with an all new mission for the Orange Team and with the Green Team now soaring around the planet. This looks like the height requirement will lower for the Green Team and Mission:SPACE becoming more of a family friendly attraction!
- There has also been a new restaurant announced for EPCOT. The new restaurant will be located above Mission:SPACE and will be space themed and allow you to dine above Earth!
- The 15th Disney Vacation Club Resort was announced – Disney Riviera Resort! The resort will be close to the current resort Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and will boast fantastic views of fireworks from Disney’s EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The resort will feature 300 units made up with a variety of accommodation types and will hopefully open in the fall of 2019.
- There are plans for a Star Wars themed resort at Walt Disney World. It will be a fully immersive experience and unlike anything that already exists! From the minute you arrive and leave earth you will become part of a Star Wars story and instantly become a citizen of the galaxy. Every person who visits will have their own very unique journey. Each and every window of the hotel will have a view into space. The resort will act as an attraction rather than your typical hotel, guests will be involved in adventures and stories during their stay – meaning it seems that there will be no need to leave the resort if you don’t wish too.
- Disneyland Paris will be getting a new resort that is going to make Tony Stark proud! The new resort will be called Disney’s Hotel New York: The Art of Marvel. The hotel is rumoured to transport guests to the action packed world of super heroes with all your Marvel favourites!!
- Walt Disney World is launching its very own Minnie-Van service!!! This is a new point-to-point service that will take you anywhere on Walt Disney World Resort! No costing as of yet but hopefully it won’t be too long before we all get to travel in Minnie’s classic style!
- The new gondola system has officially been announced and is to be called Disney’s Skyliner. Many of the gondolas will feature your favourite Disney characters! It will link Disney’s POP Century Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the proposed new Disney Vacation Club Resort, Disney’s Riviera Resort. Also linked will be Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Disney’s EPCOT!
- New plans were unveiled for Paradise Pier at Disney California Adventure. It is set to take on a whole new look and is also going to become Pixar Pier. Even more of your favourite Pixar characters are now set to come to life! Radiator Springs is also set for a complete overlay for Halloween 2017.
- Pixar-Fest is coming in 2018! A limited-time all things Pixar celebration coming to both parks at Disneyland! It is set to include a new firework spectacular, the return of the Pixar Play Parade and it sees the all-time fan favourite Paint the Night Parade head on over to California Adventure!
- Following on from the huge success of Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT, which has swiftly become the highest rates attraction at Disney California Adventure, the Guardians of the Galaxy are soon to be joined by some more of your Marvel favourites, Avengers and Spiderman.
Disney Cruise Line
- A brand new show will be coming to the Disney Dream based on the live action version of Beauty & The Beast.
- After announcing two new ships to the Disney Cruise Line fleet last year, there was the surprise announcement of a third new ship joining the feet. Meaning that by the time all three new ships are rolled out in 2023, Disney Cruise Line will have almost doubled in size!!!!